Author Topic: Blockade Runner Wiki  (Read 14880 times)

Vininator

• Founder
  • Owner of Galactic Munitions Inc... and a cool guy.
Re: Blockade Runner Wiki
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2012, 09:22:59 pm »
Quiet around here lately...

Has anyone considered a "History of BR" timeline? With all the big milestones marked?

dracorotor

• Founder
  • I personalize my gun
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2012, 09:27:00 am »
I looked on the wiki, but didn't get a satisfactory answer to my curiosity about engine configuration. I think that page needs to be expanded, oh lords of the wiki
"'What the h**l are you doing you mother******s?!!11'
I Gasped it was................. Dumbledoor!!!1"

Strait Raider

• It's "Strait", as in the body of water.
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2012, 11:03:31 am »
I looked on the wiki, but didn't get a satisfactory answer to my curiosity about engine configuration. I think that page needs to be expanded, oh lords of the wiki

Could you clarify exactly what questions you were looking for answers for?

If possible, post these questions in the discussion page for thrusters on the wiki. http://blockaderunner.wikkii.com/wiki/Talk:Thruster http://blockaderunnerwiki.com/wiki/Talk:Thruster

Just login and create the talk page if it doesn't exist. This is a much more reliable way to contact the wiki editors than the forum is.

That being said, with the release of the editor so close we'll probably hold off on making major edits until after it is released so we can see what all needs to be changed.

Alaric edit: mind the move ;)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 06:06:40 pm by Alaric »

Alaric

• Super Moderator
  • I making space ships!
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2012, 06:15:24 pm »
The wiki has moved! New URL is blockaderunnerwiki.com

We switched to a host which allows more access for easier & more complete backups in addition to full customizability of the wiki (e.g. extensions, page layout, etc.). In addition, if we have to move again in the future (due to bandwidth concerns if it gets popular) the URL will remain the same so it would be a seamless transition.

On the downside, anyone who had already created a user account must recreate it at the new host. These should now be preserved for future migrations, however.

Edit away, gents (and ladies, as applicable)!

Progress, and futureproofing! 8)

EDIT: What do we want to do with the previous wiki (not the Wikia one)? I can have it deleted entirely, lock it down to entomb it, or just leave it be. For the latter two options there is a sitewide announcement in place directing visitors to the new address.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 08:15:24 pm by Alaric »
<Czorio> The bittersweet embrace of the Alaric is the only embrace I'll ever know.
<Gabriel> Because Alaric robbed your pleasure...
<Aaron> I feel dirty. Alaric, pls hold me.
<Terah> I don't guess when it comes to you Alaric, I just assume you are always watching...

Strait Raider

• It's "Strait", as in the body of water.
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2012, 10:55:09 pm »
Lockdown + redirect or Deletion in my opinion.

Leaving it open will just create confusion and chaos particularly with the previous wiki having climbed up the Google rankings, it will take a long while for the new wiki to exceed it in search results.

Entombing the previous wiki though, could use that high search result position to get more people redirected to the new wiki.

Then, once the new wiki has climbed the rankings, the old one could be done away with entirely.

Food for thought.

Alaric

• Super Moderator
  • I making space ships!
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2012, 04:50:02 pm »
We also need a logo & favicon image! Any takers?

One thought is somehow incorporating the sun from the home page's main logo:

Of course, this would require permission from ZanMgt in addition to someone more talented than I to extract the image sans text.
<Czorio> The bittersweet embrace of the Alaric is the only embrace I'll ever know.
<Terah> I don't guess when it comes to you Alaric, I just assume you are always watching...

Ace

• Founder
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2012, 10:07:59 pm »
Just fixed the heavy plates and plasma weapon page and added the Glass page.  :)
[17:48] <@[ZanMgt]Gabriel> Catsquids are planned yes.

[20:38] <@[ZanMgt]Gabriel> Space cats may come eventually.

Commander Jackson

• Founder
  • Lazy dev E.M.T.
  • Ex astris, scientia
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2016, 05:11:07 pm »
I personally hate Wikia's site/layout with a passion

No that I have any opinion about the Wikia's layout/site but can you explain why you hate it?
Gabe has a wraith? That explains so much.

Alaric

• Super Moderator
  • I making space ships!
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2016, 01:34:14 pm »
I thought that quote looked familiar; you just fell victim to a copybot:

I personally hate Wikia's site/layout with a passion. ...

It's kind of a moot point now that we've formally switched over (years ago), but I'll humor you and elaborate.

Navigation is awkward, article space is cramped, and Wikia's ads are obnoxious. It just feels too "social media"-y for my taste.

Commander Jackson

• Founder
  • Lazy dev E.M.T.
  • Ex astris, scientia
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2016, 02:47:07 pm »
I thought that quote looked familiar; you just fell victim to a copybot:

It's kind of a moot point now that we've formally switched over (years ago), but I'll humor you and elaborate.

Navigation is awkward, article space is cramped, and Wikia's ads are obnoxious. It just feels too "social media"-y for my taste.

Gotcha and welp.  That's what I get for not reading.  Also nice to see that someone else is also alive on the forum.
Gabe has a wraith? That explains so much.

Czorio

• Founder
  • Residential nutbag
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2016, 07:30:50 am »
Meh, I didn't think it was a bot untill I saw the spam post he made; admittedly in a pretty related topic.

I think quite a few people are still around, but in lurking mode. In the corner of your eye. Hiding in the shade. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.
"If you're in an equal fight, your tactics suck."

http://www.youtube.com/user/czorio4

Alaric

• Super Moderator
  • I making space ships!
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2016, 01:36:50 pm »
Well despite the originating quote being in this very topic, it was interesting in that it only took a part of it rather than the entire post. It's not hard to imagine taking someone who (a) read every post on the forum, or (b) wrote those very words in the first place to recognize it.

It's gone now!