This is strictly a mid-development test of the multiplayer and is highly unstable!May 8th 2012
We've got the master server up and running and it does everything
but finally connecting the players together! We've got a suspicion on the cause (possibly still a NAT / port forwarding issue) and are still investigating.
Since LAN technically does function, we've decided to let LAN users try the build out while we debug the master server issue! Please follow the instructions below and check back frequently for updates!IMPORTANT
- [ESCAPE] > Spawn to spawn a new ship!
- [F] To Pilot Entities
- [TAB] Shows names and distance at the location of players
- Remember to add Blockade Runner to your Firewall's exceptions!
- Run ...BlockadeRunner\Server\server.exe, and then join the game!
- Entities will only take damage while someone is piloting them
- Any entity can be loaded -- be careful with other player's framerate!
- "reset" in the server console window resets the server without having to shut it down
- Server ping shows an ungodly number, pay it no mind
- Server names can be set by editing the "BR - Server.exe.config"
- Port number is 32411
There are many, but here are a few redundant ones:
- Remove Entity does nothing and will likely crash the game
If you happen to get online play to work, please let us know!
We'll be adding a Direct IP option ASAP so everyone can try out the on-line version while we tinker with the master server...DOWNLOAD 0.58.0(Supporters Only!)