Author Topic: Multiplayer Plasma Weapons!!!  (Read 6081 times)

Neonivek

• Founder
Re: Multiplayer Plasma Weapons!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2012, 01:29:24 pm »
the plasma stack is just a test run for more complex "stack" weapons from what I understand.  in the end the devs said weapon stack would likely be more like the current engine prefabs. with a base a middle and an end. allowing for any scale really.

Which is good because currently plasma weapons can hit the sides of your ship quite easily.

Though that still works exactly like plasma weapons, except different.

mamastoast

• Founder
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2012, 02:30:01 pm »
... what.... ? How did you even come to that conclusion at all? I just raised several objections and none of them have been adressed

Your issue is that when you see two stacked plasma blocks you picture it as one plasma block magically shooting through another

Rather then both of them working in tandem or both of them being one plasma weapon that just looks like two.

Its a stuck perception that cannot be penetrated by all means this conversation is done

Oh please don't give me this "surperior" attitude, thinking you can just end a discussion with some closing statement. "I" don't have an issue mate, "we" have a disagreement.

Yes I see this as 2 weapons firing through eachother because that's what happens right now, which is what we were talking about from the get go, it's not my fault if you've somehow started talking about something different without making it clear it even tried to explain it.

No matter how much you want it, it's not just 1 weapon that looks like two, it's two weapons acting like two weapons stacked ontop of eachother. I'm all for adjustable and customizable weapons, and if that's what you want, good then we agree, but that was never what we were discussing.

I'm sorry if I come off a bit angry where, but I quite frankly find it offensive that you'd pretend to be "above me" or whatever you were trying to convey.

Strait Raider

• It's "Strait", as in the body of water.
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2012, 03:21:11 pm »
This isn't going anywhere now. With regards to the two initial concerns, both are being worked on.

Multiple-component weapons are planned and have been discussed in a couple of threads, and this is what we're thinking it may be like.