Author Topic: Algol IV New and Refurbished ships  (Read 1814 times)

Enjeryuu

• Founder
Algol IV New and Refurbished ships
« on: May 03, 2012, 07:29:16 pm »
Welcome to Ender Ariel's Spacecraft Imporium!
Located at the scenic Algol IV, Ender Ariel's Spacecraft Imporium guarentees they will not be overpriced on any ship they sell.  All purchases are final.  Value of all ships to be determined by an onsite arbitor.

Looking for ships?  Well, we've got ships!  Big and small!  Well... okay.  Mostly small!  But that's okay, sometimes you don't need a space juggernaut.  They're too expensive anyways.  And most of them have enough empty space on the inside to fit a small moon!  Nothing but show those.  So let's see what we have...

All ships for use with version 0.56.0.

Fighters
  • AH-07 Pelican
  • AS-01X Super Blackbird
  • AS-11 Stinger

Transports
  • HKS-N03 Intrepid
  • GSL-1147 Spaceliner
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 11:07:10 pm by Enjeryuu »

Enjeryuu

• Founder
AH-07 Pelican Gunboat
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 07:33:51 pm »

The AH-07... not a bad ship, although "Gunboat" is a bit generous.  "Over engineered snub fighter" is a better term.  The bird handles like a duck, but she's got heavy plating and enough firepower to do some damage.  Five plasma guns arrayed along her belly, and a pair of heavy siege guns on her back.

Enormity1
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 07:55:10 pm by Enjeryuu »

Enjeryuu

• Founder
AS-01X Super Blackbird
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 07:39:12 pm »

Now if you're not so worried about firepower, and looking with something with a bit of maneuverability, we have the good old AS-01X Super Blackbird.  Why super, you ask?  Well, the original AS-01?  That really wasn't a bird worth looking at.  It wasn't very pretty, didn't have much in weapons, and the balance was off on it.  Thing was pretty much recalled off the market immediately.  The 01 X though.  They made some serious improvements with that.  Streamlined the body, added a pair of X Blasters to the two siege guns, and completely redid the thrusters.  Makes for a much better ship.

Enormity1
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 07:58:31 pm by Enjeryuu »

Enjeryuu

• Founder
AS-11 Stinger
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 07:42:31 pm »

The AS-11 Stinger... I hardly know where to start with this one.  See the engines?  See the elongated barrel?  See anything else?  No?  Well, that's because this ship is a marketing scheme gone wrong.  It's quick.  It's agile.  It is capable of delivering a large amount of firepower into a single point... and that's it.  The armour is non existant, and there's no secondary systems to speak of.  Why, I'm amazed we actually have any.  One direct hit and this ship is GONE.  But I wouldn't want to face a couple of them either.

Enormity1
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 07:59:18 pm by Enjeryuu »

Enjeryuu

• Founder
Transports
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 07:49:01 pm »
HKS-N03 Intrepid
Spoiler

Now, you're looking for something a little more sizable than a fighter?  Something you could call home, or at least take more than yourself from point A to B?  Well, we have a reliable little job over here.  The HKS-N03 Intrepid.  This light transport is a solid piece of work.  Incredibly aerodynamic and nimble for a ship of it's size, the Intrepid boasts an unusual number of maneuvering thrusters to compliment it's respectable main engines.  Armouring is heavier than normal on a civilian job, with reinforcement around the rim.  Respectable amount of forward facing plasma guns.  Good for dealing with fighters, but the Intrepid is no military ship.  She's suited for self defense, and not much more.  The models we have here are a bit... ah... fixed up.  Now, mind you, they're still as functional as a ship straight off the yard, but the interior isn't quite as pretty.  But then, that's why it's discounted.  If it wasn't for that, no way we could let a ship like this go so cheap.

Enormity3
Crew4
Passengers0

More images:
Spoiler

GSL-1147 Spaceliner
Spoiler

The GSL-1147... that's one ship I'm surprised to have on the lot.  It's a serious commercial job;  Not the sort of thing my customers are usually after.  That ship is 100% civie;  It has no guns.  No armour.  Just some big engines and passenger space.  The boat will hold eight passengers in the lap of luxury... and 54 more in cramped little conditions that a raisin wouldn't envy.

Enormity4
Crew2+
Passengers62

More images
Spoiler

« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 11:07:32 pm by Enjeryuu »

mamastoast

• Founder
Re: Algol IV New and Refurbished ships
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 07:49:22 pm »
erhm.. pictures.. please? ^^

Enjeryuu

• Founder
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 07:54:55 pm »
Still a work in progress!  They'll be up.

mamastoast

• Founder
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 07:57:29 pm »
oh sorry, didn't realize this just went up, hope I didn't ruin your.. rather original presentation ^^

Enjeryuu

• Founder
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 08:11:13 pm »
Knew it'd happen eventually!  'tis why I posted all the ships quickly, then fuddled over the images.  I'll get things cleaned up more over time.  And add more info, when I can get more details out of the engine =3

Vininator

• Founder
  • Owner of Galactic Munitions Inc... and a cool guy.
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 08:17:02 pm »
Knew it'd happen eventually!  'tis why I posted all the ships quickly, then fuddled over the images.  I'll get things cleaned up more over time.  And add more info, when I can get more details out of the engine =3

Why not just post them all in the OP?

Enjeryuu

• Founder
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 08:21:51 pm »

Why not just post them all in the OP?

...that's too logical and sensible.

Damn, I spend way too much time working with code it seems. XP

Rocket Fiend

• Founder
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 12:25:08 am »
Think i'll have to poke around in two of the larger ones. Nice work with the interior, looks like you put some thought into it, rather than just tossing stuff in at random.

Keep it up!
So long, chumps!

MrVorgra

• Founder
  • RAWR!
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 12:41:32 am »
Love the space liner
Real Men drive vehicles without knowing how fast they are moving or how much fuel remains in the tank.