Author Topic: Crisp Textures  (Read 2073 times)

MrVorgra

• Founder
  • RAWR!
Crisp Textures
« on: April 26, 2012, 05:08:28 am »
How does terah go about doing her crisp textures?

Well yeah thats about it....
Real Men drive vehicles without knowing how fast they are moving or how much fuel remains in the tank.

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
Re: Crisp Textures
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 03:11:07 pm »
Higher resolution? Disabling AA on built-in models, but not for imported ones?

Those are my guesses.
But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won. A man long dead, grafted to machines your builders did not understand. You follow the path, fitting into an infinite pattern. Yours to manipulate, to create and rebuild.

I know who you are.

You are destiny.

Cnaff

• Founder
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 04:09:26 pm »
Ya I'm guessing high resolutions, maybe your doing something wrong when exporting the texture that's lowering the quality?

MrVorgra

• Founder
  • RAWR!
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 09:53:36 pm »
the game supports 256, and down sizing in paint.net blurs textures, maybe ill have a go a photo shop (down sizing high rez that is)
Real Men drive vehicles without knowing how fast they are moving or how much fuel remains in the tank.

mamastoast

• Founder
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 12:01:57 pm »
The default BR textures are not actually very detailed at all, due to the resolution being what it is of course, it's just a clever use of normal maps and making the surface look busy I think.  Specially seeing as, say the plating, is most just lines.

MrVorgra

• Founder
  • RAWR!
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 12:15:16 pm »
I think ill use the Nvida normal plugin as it seems to do a better job the hand drawing normal maps

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 12:19:38 pm »
the game supports 256, and down sizing in paint.net blurs textures, maybe ill have a go a photo shop (down sizing high rez that is)

Switch your down sampling method. Most make the image more blurry; you may need to draw textures for the size if you want them crisp.
But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won. A man long dead, grafted to machines your builders did not understand. You follow the path, fitting into an infinite pattern. Yours to manipulate, to create and rebuild.

I know who you are.

You are destiny.